How to create Chore Lists?
Chore lists provide with great ways to track the necessary household chores. There are several benefits of using chore list because it will help you to be organized and active throughout the day. It is great way to create sense of responsibility in your kids because by assigning fair tasks you can teach them how to manage household chores effectively. It is a great relief for parents who often struggle to get their kids to help in the household chores. You can assign regular tasks to your kids but insure that these should be interesting for kids such as you can assign them to décor your house or washing utensils. Chore lists help your child to understand his/her responsibilities. You can give this list to your child so that he/she can remember what he has done and what is left to do more. Chore list is not only for your kids but it is equally useful for other members of the house.
Here is a useful Chore List Template.
Benefits of Chore Lists
- It is great way to tell your child that what you are expecting from him/her.
- It is great way to increase the chores to be done on time and to increase the self confidence of kids.
- Providing your kid with complete list of chores will decrease the amount of nagging in the house about chores.
- You can also tie some allowance or reward with the completion of chore list. This will make your kid more determine to achieve targeted goals.
Tips to Prepare Chore List
- Before preparing chore list do not forget to consider for whom you are preparing this list. If it is for your child then make sure to analyze the ability of your child before assigning any task.
- Chore list usually include different household tasks such as folding laundry, dish washing, bedroom cleaning, take the dog for walk etc.
- Designate the time for each chore and for how many times it should be done in a week. For example, laundry requires to be done twice a week and dish washing is done on daily basis.
- Arrange piece of poster board with seven vertical columns at least four inches thick. You can make lots of horizontal columns downward depending on the number of chores you are going to assign. The thickness of each horizontal column should be one inch.
- State title of the chore at the end of each column and then write the day of week at the end of vertical columns. Write the person name in front of the chore to assign a specific duty to that person. Your end result will be series of column containing days of the week and details of the chore with the name of responsible person.
- It is good to alter the chore list on weekly basis depending on the schedule of each family member. You can switch any name each day because the same responsibilities can create boredom.
If you want to make your chore chart colorful then use fun colors and stickers. It will help you to make your chart an art piece and look pretty while popping up in your home. It is good to use dry erase board to prepare chore list because it will make your task switching work easy and save your stationary expense.
Related List Templates
Posted in Family Guides